Aug 7, 2011

Update!!

I haven't posted anything on the blog for quite some time, mostly since I haven't had time due to work and other things going on, but also since I simply had nothing new to tell : D Well, now I finally do!!
First of all, I FINALLY have a host family!!  I'll be going to the small village of Kain, which is located in the far west of Belgium, very close to the French border! It's a place of about 10 000 inhabitants, so quite a change of scenery :D My upcoming family consists of a mother and two children, a son and a daughter, but neither of them actually live at home anymore, they only visit during week-ends. On top of this I'll have another host sister too, another exchange student, from Hong Kong! Now this will be interesting! :) The family lives in a big house so I understand I'll have my own room even. The family also has a FEW animals... I must admit I was prettyyyy surprised when I read their file and saw that they have about 40 dogs, 20 cats, ponies and goats and such.... WOW!  It seems like such a warm house full of life! I can't wait to meet them all.

My school in Belgium will be Sain Union de Kain which is located at a walking distance from home, about 1km, sounds great to me. It's less of a theoretical and more of a practical school with different branches to choose from. Not complaining, probably means less stress for school work!

It's less than two weeks until my departure date now. How weird is that! My last post was about how it was less than 3 months to go... And it doesn't seem like long ago that I wrote that..  Two weeks seems like nothing but at the same time it feels like a long time in Finland still. I really need to start packing though.. One of the less pleasant things according to me :D  I still have 6 days of work out of the 12 I have left. During those 12 days I'm also going to have a farewell party with some friends, play a couple of games with my team, get my things packed and spend some time with my family and friends. Wow, I'll probably run out of time here :D

That's all for now, I'll try to be better at updating from now on :)
Hugs, Julia :)

No comments:

Post a Comment